This is a job spec which appeared on the Virgin Trains East Coast website. As it will be removed when the role expires I have copied the description here. The content below is unedited so any typos appeared in the original job ad.
Voice of Customer Manager - Permanent Full-time - London
What do we have on offer??
We have an exciting opportunity to join the marketing team as a Voice of Customer Manager. You will have the freedom to develop and implement strategy for using internal measures of customer experience alongside external measures, to review, assess and improve customer experience throughout the end to end journey. You will utilize multiple sources of customer satisfaction information to their best advantage – both internally generated and externally gathered – in a holistic way so as to give a comprehensive and representative account of customer wants and needs, and how we best fulfil them as a business.
You will establish effective communication, engagement and reporting of customer experience performance and initiatives across all areas of customer experience, building key relationships with the Customer Experience team to influence & guide the business through & any customer experience changes & recommendations.
Act as the customer conscience and internal voice of the customer within the business ensuring a customer and service focussed ethos is embedded throughout all levels of the organisation to ensure there is an improvement on customer satisfaction, ensuring this is embedded throughout Virgin Trains East Coast.
What will you do??
You will be involved in....
- Leading a strong Voice of the Customer programme, developing a market leading customer satisfaction research programme.
- Collect and evaluate comprehensive, high quality and representative data through all Customer Experience monitoring channels; principally our customer satisfaction research programme, National Passenger Research Survey, social listening, contact centre and operational data.
- Liaising effectively with our agencies, plus internal and external stakeholders
- Translating & communicating the voice of the customer within the business in order to drive a customer centric approach to decision making.
- Effective management of Viewpoint – our online customer research panel and community, currently run by Ipsos MORI. Ensure this resource has gravitas within the business and is utilized to its full potential – significantly contributing to strategic decision-making within Virgin Trains East Coast
- Create a holistic understanding of the customer, pulling together all available data sources and highlighting the relative impact they have on customer experience, to tell one comprehensive Voice of the Customer story.
- Produce regular, meaningful, compelling and action-oriented reporting based on insight you have gathered from all customer experience measurement sources, inclusive of (but not limited to) National Rail Passenger Survey, Net Advocacy Score programme, Social, Contact Centre, operational data; driving allocation of investment and resourcing decisions to be made in accordance with delivering amazing – actioning real business change and demonstrating sustained uplift in customer satisfaction.
- Deliver an effective stakeholder management plan, through developing, monitoring, delivering and constantly redefining the Voice of the Customer engagement strategy utilising all available channels (e.g. boards, Yammer, social media and key meetings e.g. Customer Experience Board, Weekly Executive Meeting); the end goal being to drive and prioritise the Voice of Customer agenda among all key stakeholders.
- Effective management of our online customer research panel through growing awareness and gravitas of our customer research panel resource among key stakeholder groups within the business.
- Ensure we utilize our customer research panel to its full potential – running regular and varied research projects – both strategic and quick turnaround, with the ability to demonstrate real business impact as a result.
- Ensure the panel remains healthy in terms of size and representativeness, with a clear plan to ‘top up’ with fresh customers from the sources available. Foster a strong relationship with panelists, for example with regular feedback on how their data is being used and the impact they have.
- Build a ‘big picture’ view of customer thoughts and opinions through mining an amalgamation of all the customer research panel data we collect.
What do we need you to be?
We look for motivated, energetic people who have...
- Comprehensive experience in the market research industry.
- Demonstrable knowledge / experience in understanding & delivering Customer Experience
- Must have strong agency-side market research background and experience. Ideally to additionally have some client-side experience.
- Expert knowledge of customer experience measures i.e. National Rail Passenger Survey, NPS, customer experience tracking and evaluation.
- Thorough understanding of Customer & Stakeholder Engagement Strategies, development and delivery.
- Passionate about excellence in customer experience irrespective of its environment and able to inspire and support others to achieve and deliver the highest standards.
- Able to communicate vision and innovation in delivering customer experience excellence.
- Budget management, business case development and an understanding of return on investment assessments.
- Effective team player, experienced at dealing at all levels with effective influencing and negotiation skills; ability to form constructive and proactive working relationships at all levels with all stakeholders.
- Must have a strong aptitude for creating visually pleasing, clear and persuasive PowerPoint slide decks.
- Previous experience of developing communications for both internal and external purposes.
Final salary pension scheme. Free Travel on Virgin Trains East Coast services - for you and your dependents. 75% discount on all other Train Operating Companies leisure services. 50% discount on tickets purchased for friends and family. Salary sacrifice child care vouchers. Access to Virgin Tribe. *T&C apply