Win Virgin Trains East Coast Foodbar Vouchers with #BetterRewards
EDIT: This competition is now closed and winners have been informed. Our next #BetterRewards competition is to win a first class return ticket and runs until the end of February 2016.
With Nectar you'd have to spend £2000 on rail travel (or £4000 at Sainsbury's) to get £20 worth of points! Not very rewarding compared to the loyalty scheme we used to have.
We call this competition #BetterRewards because even though the prizes are relatively small they'd take a lot of spend to reach the equivalant value with Nectar.
For this week there'll be TWO prizes of:
- £20 VTEC catrering vouchers (which consists of 4 x £5) that can be used on the Foodbar and trolley
As each prize consists of four separate £5 vouchers you can use these on different trips. Alternatively if you want to try their new Hop on Board ale the £20 worth of vouchers will get you 5 bottles (feel free to take some home).
The Foodbar vouchers are valid for three months and only valid on Virgin Trains East Coast services so the prize is ideal for regular users of the route.
The prize is being provided by Save East Coast Rewards and has no affiliation with Virgin Trains East Coast.
How to Enter:
Simply click the tweet button below the poll and submit the Tweet leaving the hashtags intact, if you're also following @SaveECRewards at the time of the draw this counts as an additional entry. Entries must be received by Sunday 7th February. The draw will be made on Monday 8th February 2016. You do not need to participate in the poll to enter the competition but it will help us decide future prizes.
For more information on catering vouchers see our blog post.
Poll: What did you used to mostly spend your East Coast Rewards on?
To enter the competition just submit your Tweet below:
Our recent poll showed that most of our followers, although not happy with Nectar, were generally happy with the other aspects of Virgin Trains East Coast. For those who no longer travel Virgin Trains East Coast we will be having additional prizes in the future. We welcome you to tweet us any ideas for prizes, particularly ones that can demonstrate what poor value Nectar is.
- The competition is open to anyone on Twitter who enters through the tweet link on this page. Those who follow @SaveECRewards at the time of the draw will receive an additional entry.
- The winners must have a UK address where the vouchers can be posted to.
- The start date of the vouchers can be chosen by the winners and be up to three months in the future. The vouchers are then valid a further three months from the start date.
- The prize consists of two sets of £20 vouchers (4 x £5). For the avoidance of doubt each winner will receive £20 worth of vouchers.
- Virgin Trains East Coast have no connection to this promotion.