The May #BetterRewards competition is back for the second year.
The competition is called #BetterRewards as we want to highlight what a poor deal we're having with Nectar and highlight what a decent loyalty scheme was like. The prize of Virgin Trains East Coast catering vouchers is worth £20 on-board and would cost £16 to buy. To get £16 of value with Nectar you would need to spend £1600 on rail tickets. With East Coast Rewards the same spend would have got you 4 First Class single tickets valid anywhere on the East Coast Route.
This year our budget is lower, so the only guaranteed prize is £20 in Virgin Trains East Coast catering vouchers. These can be used on any purchases in the Foodbar and trolley. The prize will come in the form of 4x£5 vouchers so they can be used on different journeys. £20 is enough for five bottles of Hop on Board ale.
We will increase the number of prizes depending on the popularity of the competition.
- If we get over 500 retweets in a single week we will make the catering vouchers into a weekly prize throughout May.
- If @SaveECRewards gets over 3000 Twitter followers before the end of the competition the prize will be upgraded to a first class return anywhere on the East Coast route, using your choice of Virgin Trains East Coast, Hull Trains or Grand Central.
You can enter multiple times and when the competition involves sharing content you'll get an entry for each sharing method you use (e.g. one entry each for Facebook and Twitter).
Entry 1 - East Coast Rewards points calculator
In order to showcase what a poor deal Nectar is we've created a points calculator. In order to get an entry into the competition simply use our points calculator and use our social sharing icons to share your results. Make sure you follow us on Facebook and Twitter so we can contact you if you win. If you are on both Facebook and Twitter sharing your results on both platforms will increase your chances of winning.
Entry 2 - Twitter
Keep an eye on our @SaveECRewards Twitter feed for more ways to get an entry into the competition. For example, retweet this message for an additional entry into the draw.
— Save EC Rewards (@SaveECRewards) May 6, 2017
- This competition is open to all Twitter users who follow @SaveECRewards as well as Facebook users who like the Save East Coast Rewards or Better Rewards Facebook page. Only restrictions are those that are known personally to the contributors to this site are not eligible to enter (i.e. friends, family and colleagues of contributors can't enter).
- If 3000 Twitter followers are reached, the prize will be upgraded to a first class return ticket. Tickets must be booked at least two weeks in advance, tickets will not be available to/from London in the Monday morning or Friday evening peak periods.
- The first class prize is for a first class return (or two singles) anywhere on the route networks of Virgin Trains East Coast, Grand Central or Hull Trains. If preferred the two singles may be used in other combinations, such as two people travelling one way on the same train .
- Winners will be announced by Twitter direct message or Facebook message on 1st June. The winners will have 3 days to reply confirming acceptance of the prize. If they refuse the prize (or don't reply) another winner will be drawn.
- Tickets will be distributed to the winner in the form of an e-ticket if it is available on this route, the winner will need to print out this ticket before travelling. Catering vouchers have to be posted.
- The winner will need to provide real name and email address for the delivery of the e-ticket (or postal address if e-ticket is not available). This information will not be retained or published.
- Winner must consent to their Twitter username or Facebook name being published on this website and our Twitter and Facebook pages. The only additional publicity required is the winner must publicly acknowledge the prize on their social media account.
- This competition is run for the purpose of raising awareness of the Save East Coast Rewards campaign. It is not affiliated with Virgin Trains East Coast, Grand Central, Hull Trains or the Virgin and Stagecoach groups.
- Closing date for entries is midnight 31 May 2017.
- Tickets must be booked by 30 September 2017.
- There will be multiple ways of entering this competition, the individual requirements for each entry are listed separately.
- If the winner of the catering vouchers is unable to make use of the prize then an alternative of similar value will be considered.