The May #BetterRewards competition was our biggest ever! The prizes and winners are detailed below.
The competition is called #BetterRewards as we want to highlight what a poor deal we're having with Nectar and highlight what a decent loyalty scheme was like. Assuming the first class return ticket would have cost £100 you would need to spend £20,000 with Nectar to get two free return tickets, with East Coast Rewards you'd have only had to spend £1565 (or £1044 if you purchase first class tickets) to get the same reward.
- Week ending 8th May 2016 - win £20 of Virgin Trains East Coast catering vouchers - winners: @miss_stoat and @29forever (both entered via Twitter)
- Week ending 15th May - Hop on Board gift box containing 4x500ml bottles (or £10 off any rail ticket) winner: @jonjb1991
- Week ending 22 May - standard class return anywhere on the East Coast route winner: @HTMAMR38
- Week ending 29 May - first class return anywhere on the East Coast route winner: @jkb114
Spot prize winners: @DanielMcLeodTV, @paul_morgan12 and @johnsayer3
The weekly prize draws are in addition to the main prize draw. Entering the weekly draws will also include entry into the main draw.
The grand prize which will be announced on the 31 May is two first class returns for two people valid on the East Coast mainline for services operated by Virgin Trains East Coast, Grand Central or Hull Trains.
Grand prize winner: @ad_1892
You can enter multiple times and when the competition involves sharing content you'll get an entry for each sharing method you use (e.g. one entry each for Facebook and Twitter).
Entry 1 - East Coast Rewards points calculator
In order to showcase what a poor deal Nectar is we've created a points calculator. In order to get an entry into the competition simply use our points calculator and use our social sharing icons to share your results. Make sure you follow us on Facebook and Twitter so we can contact you if you win. If you are on both Facebook and Twitter sharing your results on both platforms will increase your chances of winning.
Entry 2 - Twitter
Keep an eye on our @SaveECRewards Twitter feed for more ways to get an entry into the competition. For example, retweet this message for an additional entry into the draw.
— Better Rewards (@BetterRewardsUK) May 30, 2016
Entry 3 - BetterRewards social media
- This competition is open to all Twitter users who follow @SaveECRewards or @BetterRewardsUK as well as Facebook users who like the Save East Coast Rewards or Better Rewards Facebook page. Only restrictions are those that are known personally to the contributors to this site are not eligible to enter (i.e. friends, family and colleagues of contributors can't enter).
- The tickets must be booked at least two weeks in advance, tickets will not be available to/from London in the Monday morning or Friday evening peak periods.
- The grand prize is for two first class returns (or four singles) anywhere on the route networks of Virgin Trains East Coast, Grand Central or Hull Trains. If preferred the four singles may be used in other combinations, such as four people travelling one way on the same train .
- Winner will be announced by Twitter direct message or Facebook message on 1st June. The winner will have 3 days to reply confirming acceptance of the prize. If they refuse the prize (or don't reply) another winner will be drawn.
- The grand prize will be distributed to the winner in the form of an e-ticket if it is available on this route, the winner will need to print out this ticket before travelling.
- The winner will need to provide real name and email address for the delivery of the e-ticket (or postal address if e-ticket is not available). This information will not be retained or published.
- Winner must consent to their Twitter username or Facebook name being published on this website and our Twitter and Facebook pages. The only additional publicity required is the winner must publicly acknowledge the prize on their social media account.
- This competition is run for the purpose of raising awareness of the Save East Coast Rewards campaign and BetterRewards. It is not affiliated with Virgin Trains East Coast, Grand Central, Hull Trains or the Virgin and Stagecoach groups.
- This grand prize is worth the equivalent of 1565 East Coast Rewards points or 40,000 Nectar points assuming that two return tickets are worth at least £100 each.
- Tickets must be booked by 30 September 2016.
- There will be multiple ways of entering this competition, the individual requirements for each entry are listed separately.