This competition is now closed. The winner has confirmed they accept the prize. The winner is Jason Gascoigne (@perturbed70).
To show the advantage of East Coast Reward points Save East Coast Rewards will be giving away 2 first class single reward tickets (i.e. a return) to a lucky follower if we reach 1000 followers by midnight on 25 February. Simply follow @SaveECRewards and retweet our message containing the hashtag #SaveEastCoastRewards. If we reach 1000 followers we will pick a winner at random from those who have retweeted. UPDATE: We have reached 1000 followers on the 23 February so the competition is on!
A first class return is a much better prize than the current Nectar Twitter competition where you'll win only enough points for a few coffees. East Coast first class on a weekday offers you complementary hot and cold food, tea, coffee, snacks, fruit juice, soft drinks, beer and wine, it also gets you where you need to be with free WiFi and a wider seat. We think this is a much better prize. Read more about first class here. Popular destinations on the East Coast Route include London, Lincoln, Leeds, York, Durham, Newcastle and Edinburgh. There's also some services to Glasgow, Inverness and Aberdeen.
How to enter
1. Make sure you're following @SaveECRewards
2. Retweet our competition Tweet
— Save EC Rewards (@SaveECRewards) February 22, 2015
3. Encourage your friends to sign up so we get over 1000 followers.
4. If you're new to this site find out the reasons why Nectar is a poor alternative to East Coast Rewards
5. (optional) Complete the East Coast Rewards survey. If you Tweet a link to the survey alongside the hash tag #SaveEastCoastRewards you will get one additional entry.
The draw will be made on the 1st March assuming we get over 1000 followers by midnight on the 25th February 2015. As the prize will be East Coast Rewards tickets you will have until 30 September to book the tickets. Travel will be on Virgin Trains East Coast but at launch they are keeping the on-board product the same as it is currently. This competition is not endorsed by East Coast, Stagecoach or Virgin. Save East Coast Rewards will be using Rewards points to purchase the prize. If you win you must consent to your Twitter ID being published on this website and on our Twitter feed (to prove there is a winner). We would also appreciate it if you Tweet us details of your journey when you take it.
- This competition is open to all Twitter users who follow @SaveECRewards. Only restrictions are those that are known personally to the contributors to this site are not eligible to enter (i.e. friends, family and colleagues of contributors can't enter).
- The usual East Coast Rewards availability applies.
- The prize draw will only take place if @SaveECRewards reaches 1000 followers by midnight on 25 February 2015. If we hit this target entries can be made right up until the start of the draw.
- Winner will be announced by Twitter direct message on 1st March. The winner will have 3 days to reply confirming acceptance of the prize. If they refuse the prize (or don't reply) another winner will be drawn
- The prize will be distributed to the winner in the form of an e-ticket, the winner will need to print out this ticket before travelling.
- The winner will need to provide real name and email address for the delivery of the e-ticket. This information will not be retained or published.
- Winner must consent to their Twitter username being published on this website and our Twitter feed. No additional publicity will be required.
- This competition is run for the purpose of raising awareness of the Save East Coast Rewards campaign. It is not affiliated with East Coast Main Line Company Ltd, Inter City Railways Ltd (trading as Virgin Trains East Coast) or the Virgin and Stagecoach groups.
- This prize is worth 920 East Coast Rewards points.
- Tickets must be booked by 30 September 2015
- The survey is not being run by Save East Coast Rewards, the extra entry for promoting it is because we support the survey and want as many people to support it as possible. We accept no responsibility if the survey closes early or the link changes